Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Can sphinx link to documents that are not located in directories below the root document?

I am using Sphinx to document a non-Python project. I want to distribute ./doc folders in each submodule, containing submodule_name.rst files to document that module. I then want to suck those files into the master hierarchy to create a spec for the entire design.



I.e.:



Project
docs
spec
project_spec.rst
modules
module1
docs
module1.rst
src
module2
docs
module2.rst
src


I attempted to include files in the master project_spec.rst document toctree like this:



.. toctree::
:numbered:
:maxdepth: 2

Module 1 <../../modules/module1/docs/module1>


However this error message results:




WARNING: toctree contains reference to nonexisting document u'modules/module1/docs/module1'




Is it not possible to use ../ in a document path somehow?





No comments:

Post a Comment