Tuesday, May 22, 2012

static content not working on virtual directories in IIS on XP

I have a strange problem with IIS on XP.



I have a ASP.MVC web application with a virtual directory pointing to it.



The application works OK, I see the generated html pages.
The problem is that I get 404 errors for all the static content files (css,js and image files).



The really strange thing is that if I create an application directly on the directory the static content is served, but I can't get the static content from a virtual directory pointing to the same directory!.



BTW, the static content is served OK from the virtual directory created by VS2010 for the application.



I can't find any differences in the configuration in the IIS between the virtual directory created by VS2010 (that works) and the one that does not work.



I anybody got any ideas, I would be VERY gratefull...



Thanks,



Nadav





No comments:

Post a Comment